The Tallangatta Valley is renowned for beef and dairy cattle farming with "Cravensville Park" operating a successful beef breeding operation over the past 70 years.
One of the highly renowned historical holdings of the Tallangatta Valley district, scenic country rich in natural resources with strong soils, high rainfall and outstanding water. The current ownership have prided themselves in the upkeep and improvement in the property over the current 70 year tenure, as a company it gives great pleasure to offer this property to the market.
Area of land- 691 HA/1709 acres
- "Cravensville Park" Lot 1.564.96 HA/1396 Acres
- "Cardwells" Lot 2.126.67 HA/313 Acres
To be offered as a whole (691 ha - 1709 acres) or in 2 separate allotments
The current rates for the property do not exceed $3000 and are paid up in full.
Located at the head waters of the Bucheen creek Situated 50 kms south east of Tallangatta and 90 kms east of Albury/Wodonga. In the top end of the high rainfall, highly recognised Tallangatta Valley.
- The topography of the land ranges from fertile creek flats to soft undulation pasture country to low hill with some steeper areas and small pockets of bush ranging from light grazing bush to virgin bush.
- Soils range from red and grey loam soils to decomposed granite in some areas with heavy carrying alluvial creek flats adjacent to the creek area.
- Pastures ranging from Rye, Clover and Phalaris with some paddocks sown down to tall hummer fescue as well as curry cox foot and well cared for native pastures with some fertiliser history evident
- "Cravensville park" approximately 70% cleared and "Cardwells" approximately 80% cleared.
Fencing and paddocks-
Subdivided into 21 paddocks and the fencing can be described in excellent order and well maintained.
Rainfall and Water-
Approximately 914mm – 36 inches per annum for the property, water is in abundance with fully equipped bore (stock and domestic), double frontage to Bucheen creek, dams and springs, these sources supply water to the stock via a reticulated gravity trough system supplying 12 troughs as well as a gravity feed supply to the home and surrounds.
All working improvements are in excellent working order and have been based around the operation of a cattle breeding enterprise, all improvements have been well maintained and can be described as adequate.
- 3 x Steel cattle yards all with OH&S cattle crush and designed for ease of use for down to one person.
- Steel Hay shed.
- Lock up machinery shedding with power and concrete floor
- Dog deterrent lighting positioned around the property to assist with vermin control.
- Pumps and associated equipment to run the water systems.
- 2 x Electric fence energiser.
- Designated Air strip. (incorporated into the paddock rotations)
- 2 x Older disused homes in need of full refurbishment.
An older style (4) four-bedroom weatherboard home positioned in a convenient location, with large living spaces and a fully functional kitchen with gas/electric cooking and ample cupboard space, full family bathroom and heated via slow combustion wood heating
Set amongst magnificent mature shade trees with easy to maintain lawns and gardens all supplied with gravity fed water.
The property has been operating under low stocking rate using the "Mulch, Microbes and Moisture" theory and has seen excellent results having said that with an improved fertiliser program and renovation of pasture could see the current stocking numbers rise considerably moving forward
"Cravensville Park" is a complete unit farm in excellent working order and is considered to be primed and ready for the incoming purchaser to see full profit from day one (1), A truly remarkable property in a most attractive and sought after district.
Auction Friday 9th October 2020 at 11am
Location: BUR Auction Rooms - 640 Olive Street Albury NSW 2640
DISCLAIMER: Whilst every care is taken to supply accurate information our company cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information.
Property Code: 1790