Situated at Everton in the heart of North East of Victoria. Everton Township provides a local pub, primary school, farm supplies, general store and public hall. A true rural community. Central to Beechworth 15 kms, Myrtleford 24kms and Wangaratta 22kms. Situated just 16 kms to the Hume freeway and on the main road to Bright, Mount Buffalo and the Victorian Alps.
Beautifully refurbished 1965 circa home with many original features of the era. The home is of brick veneer construction with timber and concrete foundations.
The front entrance has the original solid timber door and an attractive entrance hall which leads to a spacious living room. This beautiful room has original glass and wood work features and a huge north facing picture window looking over the front garden. This room has slow combustion wood heating, split system reverse cycle air conditioning and overhead fan.
The “country” style open kitchen offers an abundance of cupboards and bench space including a central island bench and a large pantry. This kitchen offers a stainless-steel Ariston gas and electric cooker with five (5) burners plus a dishwasher. This room has a split system reverse cycle air conditioner plus gas heating via bayonet point.
The adjoining meals area with skylight provides a wonderful warm, light and airy space for family and friends to gather.
The home comprises three (3) bedrooms. Built in Robes in two (2) plus a study/sunroom at the rear of the home.
The family bathroom is modern and recently refurbished with bath, shower and toilet. The well-appointed laundry offers space for fridge and freezer, storage cupboard and a separate toilet.
At the rear of the home is a separate two (2) bedroom annexe ideal for extra accommodation or office/ work from home area.
The home offers a single carport with roller door and an adjoining paved entertainment area with awnings and power.
Garden and Surrounds:
1970 Great Alpine Road garden has been lovingly created over the years and offers established low maintenance gardens plus “park like” lawns with established trees and a variety of citrus. The vegetable garden has been extremely productive over the years and is prime for the next person to take over and enjoy.
Shedding and Working Improvements:
There is excellent shedding on 1970 Great Alpine Road which includes:
• 18 x 9 metre Machinery shed with concrete floor and power.
• Older style workshop with power and original brick work floor (mid 1800’s)
• Disused dairy with concrete floor, separating room and other rooms currently used for storage. Ideal calf raising shed.
• Large steel cattle yards with crush and areas of concrete floor. Steel laneway to yards on road with loading race. Well planned laneways to make for ease of work.
• Large chook shed/dog run
• Two (2) bays open fronted skillion with gates. Ideal wood shed, hay shed or car accommodation
Rainfall and Water:
Everton is a recognised as an average 951 mm -37-inch rainfall area.
The water on 1970 Great Alpine Road Everton is very reliable and includes:
• Ovens Rivers and a permanent creek throughout. Stock and domestic license is available.
• Well with pump and a backup bore which attends to the garden and surrounds and the trough system throughout the property
• Rainwater – 2 x 5,000-gallon tanks off machinery shed and 1,000-gallon header tank at the house.
• Large catchment dam with pump for garden if required.
The land on 1970 Great Alpine Road Everton has been well maintained and cared for over the years. Excellent weed control. Heavy carrying capacity with creek and Ovens River frontage. Gently undulating pasture country ideal for grazing or cropping such as lucerne. The property has areas of rivergums along the creek and river. An attractive allotment with high productivity.
Paddocks and fencing:
The property is subdivided into five (5) main paddocks:
• Lucerne paddock
• Brick hole paddock
• Laneway and holding paddock
• Creek flats
• River flats
Fencing is in good order with majority of fences barb and plain wire. Western boundary fence has electric fencing.
• School buses to Wangaratta schools.
• Everton school for primary schooling
• Tertiary education is at Albury Wodonga and Wangaratta
• Airports at Albury Wodonga and Wangaratta
• Medical facilities at Wangaratta, Beechworth and Myrtleford.
• Supermarkets at Beechworth, Wangaratta and Myrtleford.
• Daily mail.
• NBN internet (connection available)
A unique opportunity to purchase Ovens River Country in a tightly held area. Quality home, shedding and land in the heart of the popular North East of Victoria with all the conveniences. An excellent property that offers rural lifestyle at its finest. Inspection will impress.
Auction Saturday 2nd October at 11am on site (pending covid restrictions lifting, if not will be held as an online Auction)
- Air Conditioning
- Split-System Heating